Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A few weeks ago, Mahele (a really good friend) and I took the kids and headed to Pearlridge Mall to check out the big bug display they were showing there. The kids loved it. They had 5 different bugs displayed, a few fact stations, and a safari train ride. We skipped the train ride, but checked out all the bugs and rode the monorail. It was a lot of fun just hanging out, and then we stopped at borders and read for a while before heading home. Here are a few pics from our outing.
L to R: Kason, Karter, Kiara, Kiera, Maka in front of the leaf bug
Maka, Kiara, Kason in front of the praying mantis!
Looking at this one, I could understand why some kids might be a little frightened!
The Locust Cricket
L to R: Kaylen, Kyla, Kiera, Maka, Kiara in front of the Atlas beetle display. The beetles were actually moving a little and battling each other.

All the bugs moved which made the display even better for the kids. The only bug I didn't get a picture of was the paterpillar, which was supposedly the coolest one because it stretched to be about 20 feet long. It happened to be broken that day:( Oh well, it was still a blast! Thanks for Mahele for inviting us to tag along!

5 comments:

the man said...

I see you've done a little blog rennovation! Looks great! After you told us about the bug display, we took the kiddies, and it was pretty cool! Fun times!

Hyperchondriac said...

the bugs look scary. i might have to have maka protect me!

RyanSarahN said...

Hey Harrisons- just stumbled across your blog, found it from the Barlow's blog list. How fun to see your cute family and especially the new little one! (Well, somewhat new) Hope you're all doing well!

Gina said...

I found you completely indirectly through a comment on Ashley's blog - HOW ARE YOU?!?!? You have three adorable children, wow! You are just as beautiful as I remember you in Hawaii. I hope you don't mind that I read your blog. Mine is private, but I'll send you an invite if you email me at ginarusten@gmail.com It's so good to find you in cyberspace :)

chelsea mckell said...

So.... are you still alive, or did the tsunami get you??
=)

Time for a blog update!!